Resilience allows each of us to bounce back from adversity...
If you're feeling crisis overload, make the call!
Call the National Crisis Intervention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Press '1' to talk directly to a VA Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Professional
Other options include:
1) 1-800-SUICIDE: (Alternate number to the National Crisis Intervention Hotline)
2) Chaplain: (If you don't know who your Chaplain is or if your unit doesn't have one assigned, contact the: 24 Hour Chaplain Staff Duty Phone Number at 1-877-700-5662)
3) CNG Mental Health Office: 1-916-854-3019
4) Your religious leader, unit chain of command, parent, sibling, friend
BOTTOM LINE: Suicide is a permanent response, to a temporary crisis of the body mind, heart and soul. TALK to someone. There is help available. There is HOPE.
The R3SP Program exists to minimize suicidal behavior by:
(1) providing adequate unit-level training to ensure resources and intervention measures are in place.
(2) promote awareness and educational programs detailing both early warning signs and high risk factors
(3) coordinate and dessiminate relevant resources and information through the entire chain of command
(4) provide accountability and reporting requirements.
WARNING SIGNS: Are you concerned someone you know or love may be contemplating suicide? If so, consider the following suicide prevention screening: IS PATH WARM -
I - Ideation (thoughts of death/suicide, suicide plans)
S - Substance Abuse
P - Purposelessness
A - Anxiety
T - Trapped
H - Hopelessness
W - Withdrawall
A - Anger
R - Recklessness
M - Mood Changes
INTERVENTION: If you are concerned about someone you know or love... remember ACE! Consider the following intervention steps: ACE -
A - Ask Questions... have courage and ask directly... "are you thinking of killing yourself?"
C - Care... remove any immediate means of self-injury; connect with the person by expressing concern and compassion
E - Escort... never leave your buddy alone... escort to help (chain of command, chaplain, mental health, hospital, etc.)
For more information concerning Suicide Prevention and Awareness, contact the CNG Crisis Intervention Program Manager:
Primary: CPT Renee Marie
Office - 916-854-3813
Fax - 916-854-4274
Secondary: 1LT Nathan Lavy:
Office - 916-854-3238
Fax - 916-854-4274
Alternate: SFC Ross Wood :
Office - 916-854-3272
Fax - 916-854-4274|