Soldier Travel Policy:
• Soldiers living within 50 miles of the event location WILL NOT receive travel orders and ARE NOT authorized for any sort of reimbursement. There is no exception to this policy. Miles are calculated zip code to zip code. You may use MapQuest to retrieve mileage information.
• The Soldier’s unit will input travel orders for Soldiers attending Yellow Ribbon Event’s 5, 6, and 7 only. Travel to Yellow Ribbon pre-deployment events are not covered under the Yellow Ribbon Soldier Travel Policy.
• Rental car is NOT authorized for Soldiers attending Yellow Ribbon events.
• To receive copies of your orders, check the NGCA Portal under mysite or contact your Unit.
· Click here for the current Yellow Ribbon Soldier Travel Policy (August 2010).
Invitational Travel Orders For Guests and Family Members:
• Family members living within 50 miles of the event location WILL NOT receive ITO and ARE NOT authorized for any sort of reimbursement. There is no exception to this policy. Miles are calculated zip code to zip code. You may use MapQuest to retrieve mileage information.
• The Yellow Ribbon Program does not input orders for the Soldiers. Please see your unit regarding your orders. Yellow Ribbon is responsible for ITOs going out to civilian Family Members only.
• Rental car is NOT authorized for family members.
• Child Care will be provided at events. Please contact your Yellow Ribbon (YR) Regional Contact for more information.
• To receive copies of ITOs, contact your YR Regional Contact.
• Click here to view the current civilian Yellow Ribbon ITO Policy (July 2010).
• If the Family Member is staying at a hotel, make sure the hotel allows the government rate. Family Members WILL ONLY get reimbursed up to the government rate, anything else above that will be at the Family Members own expense. Lodging rate and per diem (money allocated for meals) are determined by the location in which the event is being held. For rates please see:
• ALL receipts must be in the name of the Family Member who is requesting the reimbursement. Hotel receipt must be in the name of the Family Member in order to receive reimbursement.
• All Air travel for Family Members must be approved and authorized through the Soldiers unit. When traveling by Air, please make all reservations through Carlson Wagonlit Travel at 1-800-350-4219 or (805) 781-8344. Copies of ITOs will be faxed to Carlson Wagonlit upon publication. For transportation to and from the Airport, please contact your YR Regional Contact.
• Parking fees are NOT authorized as a reimbursable expense.
• Travel vouchers for Family Members must be filed within 5 days of the event. For travel voucher inquires, see FAQs.